Sunday, October 21, 2007

Big Basin Redwoods-Berry Creek falls-Oct 13 2007


Windows Live Spaces
Joined an 'Outdoor Adventure Club' with the goal of doing something different, and getting outdoors exercise. That most of my friends are married and gradually growing into unfit 'middle-aged desis' with ponches didn't help.

Considered myself pretty fit, but this was a strenuous hike, with the group working up a good pace. There were some very friendly and garrulous people in the hike, it made the hike enjoyable. And our team leaders, including Richard, were very knowledgeable, friendly & amiable.

Such hikes should help me train for Gaumukh, probably Tapovan, or even the Annapurna circuit.

Overall, a strenuous & enjoyable experience. I was worried whether I had over-extended myself by signing up for two trips in a weekend, but as it turned out, it was a very enjoyable experience.

No comments: